About this site
Website as a product
One of the main idea of the of Formula SAE is for the students to assume that they are a 'Virtual Corporation'. We, Sophia Racing follow this idea, and we believe that a website, which can send information widely, is one of our products, and is running it as one of our promotions. A website we aim for is not just a website that shows information and informs our activities, but a website which will always be looked at by both ordinary people and people from corporations.
The value of this website
The way to give out information keeps on changing through time, and it has now become commonplace to do that on a website. For that reason, we believe that our website is for releasing information about our car as a product, just like the real corporations.
The information we give out
The main information on this site is about our activities and is for corporations, but we also aim to give out technical information for the people from corporations, and appealing information or information with versatility for the high school students who wish to enter Sophia University and students form other Universities.
It is very difficult to create a website that can easily be viewed at any environment. For our website, students who have knowledge about internet conduct optimization design, just like optimizing a racing car. The optimization design includes for example, the structure of the site, directory structure, browsing, design, CSS layout, coding, SEO etc.
ON and OFF of information
The information that can be released on web, that cannot be released on web, that should be released on web, and that shouldn't be released on web, should not be mixed up. Information is released after a discussion by team members.
Adoption of the Next-generation CMS (Contents Management System)
For releasing news on our website, we have adopted CMS. CMS is recently used for blogs, etc, which can sort articles in chronological order, and can conduct overall management of the articles. The system used basic languages such as PHP.
To manage a website between people with different knowledge, these problems need to be solved.
- The administrant of the website needs knowledge about server management and HTML.
- Only the people with knowledge can update the website which means that the information cannot be updated in real time.
- There are limitations to create a website like corporations on HTML base.
To solve those problems, we have adopted CMS for this website. There are advantages like these:
- We can create the website by merging CMS, HTML and CSS (Style Sheet) together.
- CMS enables us to update information without changing the design, which means that people with less knowledge about internet are able to update the website.
- Frequent update has become possible, and CMS also has search engine optimization functions.